View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #1622
Hoese37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldDaMayo View Post
broke my first thing on the SCT410.3... and it's a strange one... shock bladder! Somehow got a hole in the middle... was very small, hard to notice until you kind of stretched it out, but it was leaking a good amount of oil because of the hole... a bit messy and annoying, but at least the truck still actually drove pretty well for about 6 packs after I noticed the leak, just filled a little oil every once in a while.

Question, I ran the stock vented setup, if i were running the emulsion setup I wouldn't have to deal with holes in bladders... think it's worth making the change for?

Thanks.
You definitely wont go through bladders that way. Ive never seen a bladder fail that way unless it was already defective from the factory. I personally don't like an emulsion build because I feel that the shocks become too inconsistent during a run. The first lap feels good, but seems too loose itself more as the rece goes on and the shocks heat up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novaris View Post
anyone knows whether this kit shares the same body posts position as the traxxas slash 4x4?

reason for asking this is because I intend to get a ford 150 svt body shell and it's designed for the traxxas (which requires extended body posts). but it doesn't seem to have pre-cut holes for body shells.
Truck shares mounting holes with the SCTE. You may have to drill the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coombes View Post
Do I need any spare parts for this truck what breaks the most
It really is a tank, but what I most commonly see break is the front caster and steering block, and the front pin mount "A". Its not very common. I think in the 3 years ive run this truck, Ive seen maybe 2 of them break.
REX Engines USA
RW Mods
Hoese37 is offline   Reply With Quote