R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 09:56 AM
BDRMBULLY
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Anyone thinking of getting the Spec-R swing axles, I highly DON'T recommend it. They snap at the inside thread easily. They seem to be too brittle. I'm a clean driver and downside every jump. Had TWO yesterday break. Landed our triple perfect, snap! The only reason I tried them was I had two stock ones break at the ball. And since they are completely out of stock everywhere, needed something as replacement.

The swing axle concept is awesome for this buggy and I do wish Hudy would look into making some quality items for this car as that's what it needs. It gets rid of all chatter when steering lock to lock and just takes the stress out of this area.

Just my .02
Good to know they were going to be my nxt purchase. Ive also been considering the alloy hubs n spindles as ive broken a few and the two always go at the same time. Id rather change an arm then the hub n spindle. Anyone else run the alloy front hubs n spindles? Spec R spindles have been on back order for some time. I did run out of 9 d front hubs and went to the 6d and i kinda like it. . Had to turn dwn the dual rate for steering to control it better as it can be twitchy.