R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Mantis Toboggan
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain
I never said I could drive. I'm definitely not talented there. I can tune though. I have a very thorough understanding of mechanical design. That's probably why I get paid to engineer things too. Here's something to think about. Does doing a job neccesarily make you an expert? Is a McDonald's employee a master chef? Is everyone good at their job? Is there anyone out there that is good at something that they don't do as a job? I've thought about how lots of things are done. I also wonder why the same bad information is constantly passed on and on. At what point has something been done wrong for so long that it becomes right in everyone's eyes? You can either believe me or not but you clearly haven't tried my method. If you aren't testing, you're guessing.
No, a McDonald's employee is not a master chef, and attempting to draw that as a parallel is a bad example. There are world championship winning engineers that design these cars, and world class drivers that push the equipment to the limits. You are neither of these things so obviously you are missing something. Again, these guys get paid to do this, they have tried all sorts of stuff. Likely stuff you haven't even thought to try. If your way worked so much better, that's how they would be doing it. The clock doesn't lie, and their livelyhood depends on doing what works best.

Oh, your idea of equal length shocks was tried on the original HB D8. It didn't work and they went back to longer shocks in the rear. You may be a great mud pump engineer, but you are not a vehical dynamicist