R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT12 Racing
Thread: GT12 Racing
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 09:49 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Well kids, I have the camera ready to go to do some filming. I know our crew is mostly in practice mode for the summer, but I'm trying to improve. Best way to do that is get some footage and see where I'm messing up.

film at 11.

I have the Mardave Assassins up to speed and performing at the same level. I'm doing 10 minute runs for consistency and spacing them out about 20 minutes between runs with both cars. That's enough time to check the car that came off for loosened screws and damage, clean it and start the charger. Then, do rollout and ride height checks and tire prep on the second car. These cars really are durable little buggers. I've gone through bodies and tires. Due to occasional poor judgement I snapped a steering arm, but not really broken anything major. I did find that if I didn't shave the front axles, they will grab on pipes and do very bad things. I should have known better. I now have a modded lower beam that will not twist and pop the kingpin out.

It is interesting watching this class explode in another country while we sit and wait for on road to do something in the US. Please Google GT12 and watch the Brits pound these things around. Notice they run 10 car heats that are 6 or 7 heats deep. Please waste 6 minutes of your time checking them out.
Still Uploading! Only a practice run and test of the camera. Need to set the file time to greater than 3 minutes. But, here is 3 minutes.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 07-15-2015 at 01:40 PM.