R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 07-10-2015, 04:45 PM
WesRaven
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tbamsey
A700-UB1 does do the whole car or one section ( front or back) does this make a difference in freeing up the drive train more
UB1 comes with enough bearings and pins for all 4 dog bones. I don't think I noticed an immense difference in how smoothly the drive train ran (its already so incredibly smooth) I mainly run UB1 to avoid any extra wear and slop from the bushings, and in 17.5 blinky I'll take any less resistance I can possibly get.

I don't think I would recommend these for running mod though; the only time I have ever broken one was while running boosted 13.5, and I doubt you need the resistance reduction with that much horsepower.

edit: The best thing I've done to reduce rolling resistance (aside from checking every bearing before race day) is lubing the front and rear beveled diff gears with a dry bicycle chain lube like this. Makes it butter smooth, and reduces the "angry woodchipper" sound the car likes to make on the track (at least compared to the belt cars).