R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 03:33 PM
theboss13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Hoese37;14069549]No need to worry about the towers. The rear is now 5MM thick, and the front has lost the recesses for the stand off. So there is now more beef in the towers which will reduce breakage.

Originally Posted by theboss13
Ok so what is the problem with the castle sidewinder sct setup?(it is the sct edition of the esc) Is the motor too weak or does the esc not provide enough amps? I'm kinda confused as to what sct it is for as a four pole is a bit overkill in 2wd and if it can not pull a 4wd what is it for?QUOTE]

Its pretty much made for the Slash. A light weight vehicle. At one point on their site Castle recommended the vehicle be under 5.5lbs to run it. The Tekno is just too big for the 65A ESC to handle.
Ok I called castle and talked to them and they stated that a vehicle like the tekno is what the sidewinder sct is made for....they told me 6.5 and the tekno weighs 6.2 with rx8 and sct motor....... And it is much less with normal electronics...... And as for the motor the man I talked to said it was basically a 550 rotor stuffed in to a 540 can as roar did not like the power the 550 made and so to get around it they stuffed it in a 540 can which there where no rules for in 4wd sct as it was considered too weak to drive a 4x4..... I'm giving it a shot tomorrow and we shall see..... Hopefully it works as claimed lol