Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2002, 08:30 AM
linger
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by tfrahm

Sigearhead and TPhalen....:

Thanks for the tip -- I've found part numbers for 0, 0.5, and 1.0 degree hubs from LOSI, so I could really dial in rear toe-in the EASY way! THANKS!

One follow up question: ?Any problems with the CVD axles on the TC3 -- are the LOSI hubs the same "width" so that the same axles will work (I know the bearings, etc. are the same size, just thinking that if the LOSI hub is "wider", it might cause a problem)....

THANKS again!
tfram:

The Losi rear hubs are exactly the same width as the associated hubs. The bearings and bearing spacers fit perfectly. The outer link position (away from the wheel) of the Losi rear hub is the same location as the standard Associated hub. Basically, the Losi hubs are practically a direct replacement. The only thing you need are shims since there is more slop between the Losi hub and the associated arm.

An added benefit of the Losi rear hub is the option to use the inner link (towards the wheel) for an longer overall link. This makes the car rotate a little bit slower and slightly more stable coming out of corners.

Good luck and happy tuning.