R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - FASTEST KNOWN NITRO RC CAR?
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2015, 01:30 PM
nitrohead5300
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc4basher
Yes i know a nitro has gone 120 which is impressive. But that is obviously an anomoly and not the norm. I dont use speed traps. I use a garmin forerunner 201. Does that mean im not really going 120+?

I dont need to go out of my way and get a speed trap to prove it to anyone. Im not trying to beat the Guiness record which is 202 mph. 120+ is pretty common nowadays for electric with common off the shelf parts. Just sayin.
..........................I am talking about roadracing. The kind of car you have is tooo fast to drive on a road course. And a Garmin gps is not as accurate as a speed trap which is why Guiness uses speed traps for speed verification. Since you are not using speed traps there is a good chance you speeds are indeed off. But you are talking about speed runs. You put that kind of motor in an electric car and try to run a hour long road race against a nitro car and you will get lapped everytime you go into the pit to put in a fresh set of batteries because electric cars cannot pit as fast as nitro cars that can refuel in a matter of seconds !! With an electric car you have to disconect the discharged battery and put in a fresh one it gonna take minutes instead of seconds each time you pit you will get lapped.