R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 06-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Socket
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbone17
Assuming that is in response to my post. The reason I asked about starting over with a different car is that I have a B5 rear motor available; seems many people say they are superior to the mid motor on low to mid traction.
Please excuse my wording here. But yes, a rear motor can be better on medium or low bite, or even high bite. That's of course if you don't have any idea on how to setup a car. If you do, a mid motor car in my opinion will always be a faster car into and through the corner. The mid motor car can almost get off the corner as hard, as long as you again have the setup correct.

Is the mid car more sensitive to setup? I'd say yes. Once you get it close, to me, the mid motor car seems to be more rewarding.

More of my opinion? SLRC chassis, cut the cross braces, get the car to 1550 and put in a hotter motor to over come the weight disadvantage. I have no problem sharing my medium grip setup with you, but on paper and real life, my car is far from a "box stock" B5m.

81 tooth spur should never be used on a mid motor car, only the 78 for mod, and 66/69/72 for 17.5.

Again, these are all my opinions.