R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 11:59 PM
Teufel Racing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cnelson3
I'm going to try the long axles again. I really think their is something to this. I noticed how locked in the back was last time I tried it. I didn't have a lot of time for a setup so I ended up going back but I did like the grip I got. May even try going with the forward battery again.
Been running the long axle stubs pretty much from day one. There's definitely a little something to it. Rear track width adjustments are usable with them, unless you go to too much of an extreme, Say going Din/Din on the rear pivot and then keeping the 65.5 bones, spaced 2mm in. You'll get a lot of dong bone plunge that will bind.

I'd suggest using the 1mm spacers so you can play with the track width a bit more without going too extreme, or better yet, grab some of the Traxxas .5mm Teflon shims for a greater amount of track width adjustments. Word of caution with the Teflon shims, they will slip,over the axle stub lip on the ball end if left to wear for too long. I had that happen already. You can use the kit metal shims on the ball end side of the stub then the Teflon shims, that seemed to fix the issue for me.