R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Randy, Rick and Keven we need you now!

And please be honest and include all the hardware changes you made.
I have a hard time to competetivly drive this car outdoor. The rear is just not planted and the front end not as strong as it should be! In comparison my Xray T4'15 is, after one day of training, as fast as my 6.2 after 6 months (but much much easier to drive). I ordered all Yokomo, TC5 and TC4 parts I recognized from the pictures of your cars to finally make this car fast and comfortable to drive.
I'll be as honest as I can be for you, but can't really speak for things that haven't already been shown in pictures or answered in other interviews.

First off, measure your rear toe and make sure it is where it should be, I recommend using the same inserts on the rearward pivot block, but you may have to use different inserts, or shift the front pivot blocks around before tightening them to get the desired toe. Start with 3*. I like running the rear pivot blocks shimmed up .5mm and the front pivot blocks low. I prefer the car to have a lot of entry steering, at Reedy I ended up with 1mm anti-dive on my car and Cavalieri's car. Rick used my setup on one of his cars but I'm not sure if he was running .5 or 1mm of anti-dive. Some of the guys liked the front arms flat. This is a pretty big change and you basically just have to try different settings and see which feeling you like best.

Front arms use the inner hole with 2mm spacing in front of the arm, rear arms use the outer hole with 5mm spacing in front of the arm. Yokomo hubs will be the inner hole and just center those, 1.25mm on either side should do it, file the hub a hair if it's bound up.

My shock setup is AE 42.5wt oil, Yokomo 3x1.1 (drilled) pistons, AE X-Rings, HPI Silver springs (try the new HPI Green springs for lower grip tracks and drop the oil a bit until it feels right on the track) build the shocks with about 3-4mm of rebound and drill a 1mm hole to vent the shock caps. I have tried a few different bladders and keep going back to the stock bladders, they feel the best on every surface so far for me. I use Yokomo shock collars, shock bottoms and spring retainers, these fit the HPI springs better than the stock pieces. Some of the guys are using AE TC5 shock ends with the Yokomo or HPI retainers. I like running the 3 hole on the front and rear shock towers.

If the rear of your car isn't planted try using 1.5* front camber and 2* rear camber. If it's still not planted take the front camber down to 1*.

For weight bias I like the front of my car to be slightly heavier than the rear, I run 51/49 front to rear bias. Talking to Sean a while back he preferred 50/50. Side to side is close to 50/50 but don't sweat it if it's a little off, you can adjust this with spring preload.

There's some info to get you going, hope this helps!