R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 05-26-2015, 03:29 PM
WesRaven
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by branover
Well, I got my evo2 out for its maiden voyage on asphalt today. While the results weren't great I learned a lot and realized I have a lot more to learn about not only the car but TC driving.
With lots of help from Hanulec, Gee and Eric the car was pretty good by the end of the day. I'm constantly amazed by how tunable and reactive to tuning this car is. I can't wait to get out again.
I overheard a lot of chatter at the track today, anyway, for anyone on the fence about getting an Awesomatix, just do it, you won't be disappointed. Car is great, support is great.
Good to hear things went well for ya overall. Your experience pretty much sums up my trip to the Reedy race. It was my first time at the track, so I had no idea what to expect. I've only been driving touring cars since March of this year (and hadn't driven consistently for 20 years before that) so I definitely felt brand new, right out of the box around all of these experienced drivers.

I didn't start feeling dialed until the mains, so I didn't qualify as high as I could have if I got my car (and my driving) dialed in faster. All said and done out of 70 17.5 drivers and G mains, I qualified and finished 2nd in the D main with a best lap of 14.1. I got taken out on the first lap in heavy traffic, so had to make a mad dash from last to second, just not enough time to catch first. The car felt amazing though, and was only limited by my own lack of experience. I absolutely love how responsive it is to adjustments.

Overall I had a complete blast and counting the days until next year. Big thanks to the Awesomatix USA team for helping me out with parts that I never imagined I would have needed. I would have been dead in the water without them. I also got a chance to meet Kyle Bergstrom which finished 3rd in the A-Main of mod. Super nice guy, and was quite a pleasure to meet him after using his setup sheets as a starting point for nearly every race I've entered my Evo 2. Congrats Kyle!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KyleBergstromRROC2015.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	1294442  

Last edited by WesRaven; 05-26-2015 at 11:26 PM.