R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 11:43 AM
maizer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
After looking at Maizer's modded KF2, it doesn't look like this mod would be too difficult to pull off. Drill a couple holes to move the motor assembly rearward. The hardest part would be crafting the top brace and finding a belt that fits.

What belt did you use?
There is more to it than just that. Not to say You, or anyone cant do it. But i dont want people to hack up there cars and then have to buy new parts and start over. I had to cut the bulkheads, drill and tap holes, the counter rotation gears are eliminated, and the body had to be heated and bent to clear the spur gear. I was happy with how the car felt, but am moving the motor back about 4mm more to get more rear traction, make more room for the battery, and give the car more room in the set up for dirt. Im sure you will see somthing from schumacher as the SV2 is due for a change. I hope the counter rotating gear are removed as i do not feel the need for them and i think the car should be more 17.5 friendly. If Schumacher doesnt decide to revamp a mid motor car i will have a conversion available. You know something will be coming from them tho.