R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6.2 Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 09:35 PM
waswadener
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc
Hello guys,

I have a serious noise problem with my 6.2. Everytime I brake into a hairpin after a straight the car make a horrible noise like the belt is sliding over the pulleys. It does it for several months now and I have no clue what causes it. Following a list of the things I tried and/or checked to (unsuccessfully) get rid of the noise:

- belt tension: with increasing the tension to a ridiculous level I could reduce the noise, but won't get rid of it completly. But so the drivetrain is very much unfree and I never needed this strong tension for my TC5, TC6, TC6.1, T4...,
- belts: checked and changed to new ones, no improvement,
- belt pulleys: all checked and changed for new ones, without success...,
- esc: when talking to Martin Hofer about this problem and having him driving and examining my car, he suggested to change the esc. Did it and had no noise change,
- ball bearings: checked and changed to new ones, no success...,
- I check the pinion/spur every run, no wear here.

My car is in a good condition and gets a full service regularly. I check the screws after every run and couldn't find any sign of wear that could be caused by the noise. I am now at a point where I don't know where to continue my search Any help or idea is appreciated!
Are you running standard CV axles or DCJ's in the front? If standard CV axles, they vibrate and make noise when the steering is at or close to full lock.