R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 09:31 PM
ResultsRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thunder Trail
Thinking about the Kyosho post earlier made me question myself.

WHAT TRUCK AM I RACING?

I started with Kyosho in the late 80s, yeah I'm and old kid. Right from the beginning I used Tamiya and Yokomo light wt hardware and tires that worked on the local tracks in Japan. Even the Tamiya Gold Motor made its way among trinity motors used to win frequently.

I'm a tinkering motor head and just like my full size Trucks, the mods are parts from any thing that looks good, works better, last longer, weighs less, runs faster and sometimes cost less. Can't remember last time that cost less one worked out for me.

All these different parts really blur the lines of what car or truck I'm racing, but we all do that with upgrades that often come from several manufacturers. The Kyosho shocks on my X-Factory buggy, which is already a mix of it's own, is a good example. Those K shocks are still near or at the top as the best ever made.

On to the SCTE. What Truck am I racing???? It has parts/products from TLR/Losi, MIP, Tekin, Hobby Wing, Airtronics, Bearings from all makes, Vision Racing, ByPass one, Pro Line, AKA, Kyosho, Traxxas, CEN, Tamiya, Parma, GOOP, Gorilla, SMC, Orion, Tekno, Robinson Racing, XRAY, Much More Racing, 3 Racing, Ofna, Radio Shack, JConcepts, Deans, ProTek, and Parma. I know there must be a few more, but thats all I could think of without going to the workshop.

I'm sure most of you that have been in the hobby a while can make a list like this for your Truck. After a while the lines get so blured about what Truck I'm racing that I program it on my radio as MIP, Losi 1, SCTE, TLR 2.0, BCE 1, SNR, Pro8 or Jammin.

So, even though I might call my Truck a Losi or TLR 2.0 or just 2.0 when bench racing. About the only stock parts still used no matter what config it is today are gear boxes, diff housings, Gears, Out drives, a arms, shock towers bumpers and body mounts. Wow, I should have started with the few Losi parts and skipped buying the kit Something to think about.
sounds like some of our setups,more a/m parts in it than losi by the end,durability and performance 100% better