R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 05-09-2015, 06:13 AM
iScream
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrandonBreh
Anybody try them Venom 100c shorties for stock racing? mod racing? Opinions?
I've got 4 of the 100C 4.5 amp hour shorty packs that I run on our indoor carpet track. I run a 13.5 motor in my B5M, 10.5 in my T5M and a 10.5 in my wheeler. I can practice for nearly 20 minutes with any of them. I've run the B5M and wheeler in 10 minute mains with no noticeable drop off in power at the end.

I've got some big Venom 4S packs and they've been great as well. Even had a cell go bad in one of them after 6 months and got a replacement from Atomik without any hassle. Just had to take a picture of individual cell measurements with my multi-meter then a picture of the batt sitting in a salt water bath after the water turned nasty looking.

Having said all that, I'm pretty sure you can get batteries just as good for less money. My LHS stocks the Venom and one of the ways I try to support him is by buying my batteries there.

Also, Venom says you're only supposed to charge them at 1C. I think that's ridiculous so I charge at 2C and don't have any problems. If I have a problem with one and need warranty help I'll tell them that and see what they do.

-Chris