R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Josh L
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrzejski2
Hey guys, I'm new here, I just got an SCTE 2.0 because I visited NorCal hobbies while on a business trip/interview (actually will be relocating to San Jose pretty soon) and I really want to get into racing. Bashing has been tons of fun, but trying to constantly turn a quicker lap is like a drug for me.

Anyway, I'll probably have more questions in the future, but I've got two for right now.

1) bought a j concepts chassis protector sheet and cut it out - one little session later, it started peeling off.. Do most people here constantly buy new chassis protectors or d a lot of people just say to hell with having a clean chassis?

2) what size is the nut that is used on a lot of suspension linkages and stuff.. I'm guessing it's standard, but most of my StuffIt metric and I want to order the right wrench.

Thanks again guys and looking forward to participating.
Hi Andrzejski2, and welcome to the thread.
I personally have not used the chassis protectors, but I am familiar with sticker vinyl/phone protector type materials and the applications since I used to run a vinyl sticker business. With that being said, I cannot speak for the types or quality offered by these companies for said application.
However, I can tell you that it might have failed do to not hot washing or using denatured alcohol to prep the chassis surface from any possible contaminants, such as anodizing residues or any other sort of oily or powder substrates that may have been on there.
If you did in-fact wash it down well, then it could be the fault of the products adhesion properties due to a number of instances.
You may want to try overlapping the material a little bit more over the front bumper guard, as not to catch and peel the edge as easily on rougher landings.
I doubt they are intended to last to long, due to the fact people will often dissemble the plate from the other parts to service things like the diffs. If there are holes for the screws in the protector, then it will fail more quickly regardless. The whole business of sticker protectors seems a bit redundant in practicality to the point I can't see any real justification in paying for an over priced sticker, but that is just my two cents.

As for the shock nut types on the 2.0, your kit includes a small cast metal nut driver that will cover all of them well. So you don't really need any other tools.