R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 05-01-2015, 11:01 AM
hana166
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
did u polish the metal pieces too? looks like a mirror finish...
Originally Posted by WesRaven
Wow, it looks incredible! Well done! I really want to steal your idea and polish my car now. What method did you use to get those impressive results?
I de-anodised in a plastic tub with a light solution of caustic soda then some sanding with 1200 grit paper wet and a block where necessary to remove milling marks then a 4 inch buffing wheel. I did the smaller parts with dremel polishing wheel. The really tight areas I used a cotton bud dipped in Autosol in a dremel. Reminds me a bit of the SMP Slide Chrome now.

On a completely different subject I think I might have found a solution for leaks in the D2 damper. I don't know if silicone is the best material perhaps someone could advise on whether nitrile would be better but so far the results have been very encouraging. Although quoted at the correct size they are ever, ever so slightly bigger than the originals. I ran four packs today and the seal has held really well. For the price its certainly worth a try. Less than a week to England.

http://www.oringsandmore.com/silicon...ce-for-25-pcs/