R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 08:31 AM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT DIGGER
hello im running on a low/med bite slick track running gear diffs front and rear. has anyone tried the ball diffs? wondering if ball diffs are worth getting to get most traction?
This is, at least, the 3rd car you've asked numerous questions about obtaining more traction. Along with your thread about foam inserts, looking for more traction. As well as posting in the Sticky Kicks thread, looking for more traction.

Now there's nothing wrong with asking questions. But when your questions constantly revolve around one single subject. 3 things happen; One, people get irritated by repetitiveness and simply begin to ignore you. Two, it brings out the hecklers, and to a certain extent deservedly so. 3rd and last, it raises our own questions as to exactly what are you looking for and what do you expect?? So, here are my questions for you. If you've covered any of these already I apologize, I don't follow you as closely as some others.

1. Are you the fastest guy at your track? IF you are, stop looking for more traction! You obviously have enough. If not, keep reading..
2. Are you using the same tires and inserts as everyone else, including anyone faster than you?
3. Have you asked others at your track (mostly faster guys) for help, or about the equipment they're running?
4. This is a BIG one. Have you had a faster driver actually drive YOUR car and give you feedback?
5. How much traction are you looking for and exactly how far off the pace are you from the fast guys?
6. Are you sure you even have a traction issue?
7. Is it at all possible that traction isn't your issue and that those faster than you simply have better "throttle management skills"??