R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Norse
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
You can get more travel by using no limiters in the shocks and unscrewing the shock ends. Or a more drastic change would be to move the shock positions to inside on arms but will probably require heavier oil, springs and possibly internal limiters. Main thing is take a look at where the drive shafts enter the outdrives and make sure there's no binding at full droop and they're not so close to the end of the outdrive slots that they may pop out in a hard hit. Maybe try widening the car, but in my experience it will take away some traction and the car will feel lazier. Might not be a bad thing depending on what you want.

I think the stock hinge pin locations are pretty good. I tend to change the front more than the rear depending on track. A lower roll center (hinge pins down) in front gives less steering and slows down steering reaction. I usually run .5 up in the front and dial out some steering with epa.

Thank you RCGOD,

I will try you suggestion putting shock placemeny on the inner arm holes as I need alot of big time extra travel for this track. In addition how about dropping the hinge pins down fully both front and rear while keeping the track width stock center.

Thanks brother! Your knowlege is greatly appreciated my fiend.