R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray t4'15
Thread: Xray t4'15
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:55 AM
ntc3freak
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Thankfully, Xray is pretty tuff and rarely breaks parts. Recommend Front C hubs and possibly sterring blocks. If sticking with stock front outdrives, I'd grab an extra pair of those, but would also recommend changing out to ECS's with aluminum or steel outdirves when possible to enhance handling & durrablility. You won't be dissapointed with Xray and there is always plenty of help when it comes to setup assistance!
Sorry for my noob-ish question, ECS is the optional driveshaft, right?

Originally Posted by niznai
As above. Being in Germany you're never far from a well stocked Xray shop (and if in trouble, Vienna is a short drive away and they have the best RC shop ever, more like a factory shop with every part for every car ever to come out of Xray - only Xray). One thing I've noticed is front spool (plastic) outdrives tend to break especially in mod. Xray has a nice Aluminium version (pricey), but there's also some really nicely engineered outdrives (aluminum with nice steel polished steel pins using against the blades) coming from an italian company, so you've got some decent choice.
Thanks for your reply. The shop in Vienna, is it http://www.xray-shop.at/shop/ ?

Originally Posted by Sebbo
@ntc3freak: For Xray parts in Germany i highly recommend t2-Shop.de of Stefan Klein...best service, best prices and most parts on stock. I only broke an plastic Spool outdrive and a rear upright in 3 years on my T4's, so you won't need spare parts very often. It's a very strong and durable chassis. But it's always nice to have some when needed at the track...
Heyyyy, I know that shop! Haha I just ordered my T4 '15 from them last night. Got it in a bundle with LRP's battery. Where are you based, if you don't mind me asking?

Edit : Another question (sorry!). Which servo do you guys run? Is there any particular ones that are particularly recommended these days?