R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 09:26 AM
rcgod
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh L
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall anyone going lighter than the factory 5k oil in the front diff on any of the winning setup sheets I have seen.
I have even seen 7k in the front and center, but again not lighter than 5k.
It has always seemed the opposite to what you just suggested in my experience. Maybe also the reason for the factory stock suggestion setting the rear diff with lighter oil than the center or front... If the rear diff is effectively locking/resisting equally to the front, you will always notice under steer and get said push effect.
Seems to me going lighter in the rear would be more effective, or raising up the weight on the front and center.
Just because you don't see 3k in front on setups doesn't mean it won't work. You also probably won't see setups with no front sway bar either but it does work. Some things to check on your truck before getting too crazy on changes are:

Make sure you have a good steering servo and tight servo saver. I run mine pretty much locked down because the spring that came with my kit was very weak. Set end points with the truck on the ground at ride height. Make sure the servo saver arm isn't hitting the ackerman link at full throw. My steering link was hitting on my truck, a short spacer between the link and servo saver took care of it. And then there's always the short Ackerman link. It will give the truck all the steering you want but makes it harder to drive. When I ran the mip conversion truck, the only way I could get the steering I wanted was the short link. It works.