R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread
Old 04-24-2015, 10:43 PM
Cichlid RC
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timannnn6
Not sure why Racer is but I have some issues with Tekin. Their 1/8 scale stuff is great. Their 1/10 scale stuff is just sub-par IMO.

The brakes on the Tekin just aren't as smooth as HW/Orion. Major factor for me with 1/10 2wd (not so much in my 4wd).

Also another main gripe for me; they have an issue with their firmware. Take your pinion off the motor, add some timing (not blinky) and you'll hear an arc/missing sound from your motor when held at constant throttle just off neutral. Tekin is aware of the issue (as of 3 months ago since I mentioned it to Randy) and they still don't have a fix. They say it's not an issue but I feel otherwise.
Tekin has a lot of fans at my track but my Novak motor is so much smoother than my tekin. I think tekin is a quality product but it definitly has some competition out there.
Im gonna throw a castle 3800 and mmp esc in my b5m for now but ill probably go with novak if i decide to go 17.5.
Which motors do you guys like for 17.5 buggy?