R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 02:57 PM
Troy Mckune
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Loose dusty setup

Ran yesterday out at Dave's RC Tracks near Portland, OR. First time out this year with the XB4 2015. It is a loose dusty track that develops about a 3 foot line outside of which is most of the dust. Tires are typically super soft double dees, holeshots, or impacts. On race day a quick watering happens between heats (there is a sprinkler system). This usually provides a bit more traction for the first 2-3 minutes as the track dries out through your heat.

I played with setup all day and got my car pretty good, but still could use more rear grip. Setup is: 37.5 front 1.5+1.1 avid and 3 dot fronts, 32.5 rear 1.6+1.1 avid and 1 dot rears, low roll center rear with 4 degrees tow, shorty pack servo on right. 5k front and 2k rear diffs, no sway bars.

I ran both the slipper and 500,000 center diff.

A friend running the PR wheeler is trying out 20k center and wants to try 7k. I see this type of setup is also used on low bite ebuggy.

Does anyone have experience with low bite dusty tracks and lighter weight center gear diff? I will try 20k and 100k next time I am out but any help would be good.

I also plan to add some weight to the rear.

Troy