R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB04 Pro
Thread: Tamiya TB04 Pro
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 10:58 PM
greenpea76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torg
At least on the TB04 something as mundane as adjusting motor timing is not a PITA...

Spur gear change is better as well.. but still surprisingly "screwy"... need to take five of those cap screws just to see it: "what spur is on there again?". And if you want/need to change the spur/pinoin (with the adapter on the motor to allow for larger pinions) checking how the gears mesh is harder than it should be.

edit: When comparing to TB03.

I know you guys are die hard Tamiya fans, but I'd have to disagree with this about motor timing adjustment difficulty. Use smaller electronics, place them forward, and cut an allen key down to fit in the space! Trust me it works...

As for the spur change, it takes me roughly the same amount of time to change one on either 03 or 04. I dont own the 04, but have tuned for a friend. Plate chassis cars take even longer actually because I have to remove the top deck and pull E clips and then recheck the chassis for tweak. The 419 does not get any easier than a 417.

I can show you if you'd like at Tamiya practice next time.... I'm the new guy there

TB04R is on my list in case I need a replacement for TB03. The outdrives wear toooo fast. I have to buy those in 2 sets at a time.