R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 10:04 AM
the incubus
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The vast majority of 4WD buggies here run 5.5 and 6.5 (barely any difference) and you simply have to learn to be disciplined with your application of power. It takes a little bit to get right but when you do you can be as smooth as if running higher turn motors, BUT you have all that power ready and waiting for when you need it. It's a ton of fun running disciplined in the technical portions, ensuring you close the gap enough to punch it and close it even more down the straights.

The call this weekend was intense as I got caught up by the pile up into turn 1 and had to go around the marshal who jumped out way to early and found myself way towards the back. Lap after lap the call was the same first 3 guys with mine being called out a position ahead every 1 or 2 laps until I came up on the leader and I could never have done so without utilizing all the power when needed. I had to take a few calculated risks like turning the double, double, double, rhythm section as a double, quad a few times, but I only did so when I knew I had it all lined up perfectly and landed it every single time. No way I could've pulled it off without the Moah Powah!

It was tons of fun, especially since my LHS screwed me and didn't order my wheels I paid for over a month ago and had to run the same panthers from he previous race weekend!!!

Wildcat, you might want to give me a call tonight on my drive home from work. Tons of GOOD NEWS with my wheeler.