R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated T5M Discussion
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:40 PM
MattK101
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Gigasipke
Our outdoor season kicks off this Sunday. The track is medium to low grip, quite level though. It is watered between each round, so on the tone it starts slick goes to best grip after a few laps, then by the end it is dry. If you are in the groove it is medium grip, but if you fall out of the groove it is low to loose grip. Very dynamic changes minute to minute, hour to hour. The best grip is always early rounds of quals and by mains is the loosest conditions.

So are there any good setups available for Med to Low grip outdoor tracks? The 4 on the Associated site don't match, although the Thielke may be where I start but need to dial in traction. Any ideas?

I have been running similar to Thielke setup on outdoor, dusty, loose and bumpy australian track. I went with 2 rear limiters instead of 1 but used the 3 in the front. Works really well even on low grip, been running holeshots but they don't last long, went with suburbs which worked better, still plenty of grip but small window for error, if you get offline it's obviously slippery.

I'd start with that setup like I have done, if need more grip maybe keep the brass C block on hand. Use that a lot in buggy in Australian conditions