R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 07:10 AM
Jakesterama
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Hey Guys..may be back in the market to start racing 4wd. Aside from the metal gear diff, what are the key advantages of this buggy compared to something like a Durango or Kyosho?

How does the durability of the D413 stack up against the other cars?
To me, I think the biggest advantage of this buggy is durability. I tend to make a couple stupid mistakes every race, and over the years with my ZX5 (ran the SP, then got the FS, then upgraded it to the FS SP2) I finished 80-90% of races. Arms, shock towers, ballcups, and rear camber link carriers were the most broken for me. I have yet to not finish a race with the D413. I have killed 3 parts, all in practice -
Front right shock cap - full throttle off a tabletop into a wall, still in the mindset of racing the 17.5 buggy...
2x right rear outside camber link ballcup - broke these back to back on a tricky part of a high traction indoor track, the second one broke almost immediately, I think the plastic had a void or something. The third one has been good since. Out of all the guys running at one of my local tracks (think we have had 8 D413's on the track at the same time) this seems to be the only part all of us have broken.

I know some people have broken front tower supports too, mine has been fine, even after some pretty bad wrecks. Local guy has bent 2 shock shafts.

I really don't miss having to lug around $200 in spare parts and having to order $20 or so worth of parts after every other race weekend.

On the national stage, Ty has proven that this buggy is a very competitive kit, and it is also doing very well locally all around the world.