R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Schumacher KF2
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 08:29 PM
motorcitymatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sstriano
3) I am using the Core-RC servo arm, and it is like a hair from or maybe even rubbing a tad on the top of the bulk head? I have dropped the servo all the way down towards the chassis. Savox 1258T. Has anyone else seen this?
I am using the exact same servo and arm and I noticed the same thing. It is a tight clearance. So far I have not had any rubbing or interference.

4) How much black grease should I put on the transmission gears? I put a little blob on and then ran it through the gears, seems like enough?
I used the tip of an exact-o blade to place a small little dab in the notch of every tooth. While this may seem to be a little OCD it ensures nice even coverage. Even if you lay it on too thick it will all just sling off onto the inside of the case and you can pull it off and wipe it up later.

5) How tight do you run the belt? I have heard and seen a whole different slew of thoughts on this.
I asked the guys at Schumacher the same question. Their response was basically "as loose as you can without it jumping". It's hard to describe the setting objectively because there is really no way to measure it without using some kind of belt tensioning tool. Based on "feel" I would say looser than you might think would be OK.