R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 03-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Socket
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shannow
I posted a video on another post debating mm3 vs mm4 but it didn't seem to catch on.
This is what I wrote if it can be of any interest to somebody here as it was done on my b5m:

"I'd say it's negligible.(about mm3 vs mm4)
Sorry I just did this video for your question. The quality is crap and it's loud (turn the volume down a bit for the squeal of the motor):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DATXwtVJoSY
The car is on water not touching anything else. The test speaks for itself.
I tried several axis. I can feel resistance (very light) on the vertical axis with no rotation direction preference but pretty much none one the other two.
Certainly no movements on it's own. So changing direction shouldn't make any odds or to me at least it's negligible.

I'm open to any theory/counter theory as I once contemplated the idea too."
That video is epic.

Pure epic. It's worth what we all paid, that's for sure.

Great idea, the execution, isn't scientific at all. I would recommend reading what the scientific method is, and learning more about it.

Then sit down and learn the equations of inertia and newton's law. Do the calculation based on weight and rpm of the motor and drivetrain, then balance those numbers against the same equation for the axles, wheels inserts and tires. Don't forget the different radius the items have, and also figure that in with specific weights.