R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 12:25 AM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B-B
Hi Guys, Iam going to be installing lowered pods on my L4 as soon as I get them. I have been truing my tires down to 45mm with good results, but when I did I had the #4 adjusters in the stock pods and the ride height was good at about 3mm.
but I dont have any adjustment left as the tires wear. With the lowered pods running my tires at 45mm what # adjuster should I start with so I could get a little more wear out of the tires? Thanx Bill
It depends on which pod plates you are getting. They are not all lowered the same amount. IRS, Niftech (the best), and CRC are all the same.

I'm not sure without trying it on one of my cars but I think an AE #2 down will get you about the right ride height at 45mm. When you get your new pod plates try it yourself.

I'd like to suggest that you get a set of the new IRS ride height adjusters. They come in '0' (middle, same as a three, or ...) through '3.5', in .5 mm increments. These will make getting just the right ride height easy. I've just started using them and they are the best thing since sliced bread!