R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 07:36 PM
Motts97
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
How do you know for sure? Molds are not cheap and these are not toys r us cars that sell thousands upon thousands.
It's a plastic mold I understand that this isn't a toys r us car it's the nature of the beast. Look at it this way I can backorder a kit from tower right now with a $60 off coupon that puts it at 370. They aren't eating that the cost to them is probably between $250-300 tops. That's how they can do this without going out of business. Lower profit higher volume.it is shipped on a giant tanker ship that burns fuel workers handle at the docks team guys given multiple cars samples given out sponsorship money travel money. A lot of things going on design etc. now look up hpi hotbodies and what they profit in a year it's pretty easy your right now that I look at things closer I am wrong it's probably less than $25. It may sound bad but that's the fact. Here's an example check out rocket RC I have a tlr 22 brass part from him because I was waiting on the boats as well. His is better quality, beautifully machined piece of brass. A dollar or 2 cheaper than the TLR part and it's made in the USA. Sorry about the hijack again I'm sorry just trying to explain what goes on