R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 04:23 PM
Hacksback
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ran a friends xb4 tonight. It is not a super forgiving car, but is very fast when it is good. But man you have to keep an eye on the lawn darting. It reminds of a touring car the way it drives. The d413 felt more like an 8th scale. completely different feeling cars.
Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Dont get me wrong, it is not that I disliked the xb4. It definitely has a low CG. I assume this is because it was designed for high bite astro and carpet. I was running on high bite clay with slicks, so that was fine. I could drive the car really hard into corners and not worry about traction rolling. My comment was that it just feels more like a touring car than an 8th scale. I disliked my d413 for a few reasons. cheap plastics and not a fun car to work on. But the d413 really soaks up the track, but it is also more prone to traction rolling, maybe because of the tons of droop. My friend that owned the x4b commented about changing the diff oils because the cars felt darty with m4 slicks. I had to lower my dual rates to 70% and only sauce the rear tires to make it drivable for me. Once I did that, the car was much better. I did have a couple incidents with the walls, lol. Nothing the first time and the second time the entire link came off, I had to go find it on the track. car seemed pretty durable. I think I hit a pipe nail a couple times too.
Yea, the XB4 is more setup for carpet/really high traction in the base setup. The rear springs are stiff and the stock shock setup has a bunch of pack. I'm guessing the roll center is higher as well relative to the HB.