R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 07:03 AM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
I actually never ran the stock bones, and went to the B-Max ones right out of the box. Other than weight, I don't see why they felt they needed to go to a shorter one?

As far as droop, once properly built, this car has a tremendous amount of droop. The most I have seen in a 2wd buggy. And once you get the setup right, the droop will give a major advantage.

This car was one of the most difficult for me to setup, but once I got it close, the car was on the next level. I out qualified the local AE, TLR, and Kyosho hot drivers, all of which are half my age. And I've seen some sell their cars and buy YZs due to my results.

Once dialed in, this car has allot of predictable steering and is increadably stable. I can run a much more aggressive front tire than anyone else, which has my corner speed has higher than anyone else at the track right now.
If you build the car to kit specs it doesn't have enough droop IMO. From day one I mentioned lack of droop. My car came alive once drop was added front and rear. There's a reason why guys want to take my car to the Cactus Classic.....lol