R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 09:08 PM
rc_square24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NuttsnBolts
If you don't mind, can you post up a few pictures showing what the issue is? When I built mine my diff dropped in perfectly and as I mentioned above, I was playing around with diffs during my race meet. Something to check, but have you got all your bulkheads in the correct positions and when you have the X support (B7-302C15) attached to the car, does that sit in it's place properly.

Besides that I can't think of what else it could be with my knowledge as the diff should be a set size from manufacture.
Thanks, I've double checked the bulkheads and cross brace and they look fine.

What I mean is the fitment of the 10x15 bearings that goes onto either side of the gear diff housing in the first picture below. When I installed mine its pretty much a pressed fit and I can't remove it without using a tool to jack it out (carefully and evenly). What I decided to do was wrap a piece of 600 sandpaper around the rim where the bearings sit and lightly spin it to sand it down while constantly checking the bearing fitment until it fits with a touch of snugness.

Then when I drop the diff into the aluminum bulkheads, there was a bit of side play and I ended up shimming it with a 0.2 and 0.3 washer leaving some slight play so things don't bind. I'd like to note that the diff opening on the chassis plate doesn't leave much tolerance for side movement of the diff and the belt flange of the diff housing may scratch the chassis if the play is not taken care of.