R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 05:22 PM
pumpkinfish
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MOmo
Our clay track will also do that, but its usually toward the end of the track layout.

First and foremost the track needs to be built well and packed. Use a TON of water and allow plenty of time for the track to settle and Pack.

When its NEW, it should receive a heavy dose of water at night, even so far as leaving puddles. It should be regularly watered and HOPEFULLY it stays together.

My guess is that they may not use a packer on the surface and use enough water to allow the clay to stick and thus the track dries out quicker and cause cracks and can result in a more abrasive surface.

MOmo
You hit the nail on the head. The owner told us his supplier said we were tamping the track too much and it wouldn't hold water. Mind you we were using a hand tamper and not even a powered one! He also messed up from day one when he cheaped out and didn't put a vapor barrier over the floor before the clay. The concrete is just pulling the water out of the clay from the bottom.

I go and support him because it is the closest track to my house and I think he has a top notch facility. He just needs to learn to trust the guys who have been around for years racing but he can't. So I go, have a good time with my friends and live it. Hence the reason I originally asked how to get a little more flex in the rear of the YZ-2 to handle these tetonic plates I'm going to try Associated Green rear springs this weekend to see if that helps.