R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo YZ-2
Thread: Yokomo YZ-2
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 03:38 PM
STLNLST
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sorry if I offend anyone but my thoughts on the car is this......racers are lazy and many don't try things at the track where the help is. Again not saying everybody does it but enough to make this comment and have validity. Yes it's a new car but setup is setup. The car was advertised as a high bite carpet car and that put a bad taste in some of our mouths. (Myself included) I got the car on accident as my preorder cancellation didn't go through. Once I got the car I immediately saw it potential on a pretty high grip clay track but the true test would be at my home track that's low-medium bite. Two days of testing and the car was up to speed of my B5M but with more corner speed. I had the privilege of having 2 of the faster B5M racers at my home track helping me with the car. We all drove it and made suggestions and got the car planted on the looser surface. The car works on both clay surfaces that I have driven on. Is it better than the B5M......I'd say there's no real answer to that question. Compare the two right out of the box and I'd say B5M because the YZ doesn't come with a ball diff. This is a great car and can be made to work on multiple surfaces.