R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Street Jam SJF01 Formula 1. Niiiiiiiiice!
Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 AM
malcnz
Tech Master

Just come back from our Nats and found the 104 style rubber tyres just no good as did a lot of others as just couldnt get the steering i was after...track was cooler than expected on heat and finals day with even light drizzle off and on both days and lucky to get racing in as forecast was for rain.
eventually went back to 103 style foams on the outdoor asphalt track which instantly gave me the steering i was after as did others in 103 or 104 style.
I really dont think this f1 was any better than any others at the track with 103, 104, 3racing 109 and 113, plus other variations sprinkled thru the field and all running close times to each other.
Really the difference was tyre choice and driver ability with me firmly in the middle of the b final due to me and my inconsistency in driving and no blame on the car.
might try the direct steering at some point as easy to convert but i do feel and always have that the current f1s and the past are all very similar in lap times and really its a solid rear axle with a crude front end so how many variations can you really make.