R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New vbc f-1 lightingf
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Microtome
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Thanks for sharing

Originally Posted by Robert Bakoczy
Here is a setup sheet I put together. Should work good on any Medium to High bite carpet track. battery forward. ESC/Receiver right behind it. Then add weight as necessary behind the ESC/Reciever as far back and low as possible on the chassis. I also add a little weight to the side (widest part of chassis) to balance it side to side. This setup seems to put down the fastest laps out of any F1 to hit the track. If you need a little more rear side bite you can go to the GOLD side pod springs. Just make sure you recheck the tweak. The only other modification is to the steering stops up front. Instead of the carbon fiber pieces I run longer screws that come through the bottom arm and run standoffs on top to stop the steering. It won't bind up if you hit something at full lock this way. I run the diff pretty tight as well but that might make it hard to drive for some as it likes to drift/rotate a lot coming out of the corners.

Thanks for taking the time to put this up. I just picked up one of these and needed a starting point.