R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:59 AM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Hey All .....

So, I could not stand waiting for the new car anymore.
Last I heard was that the factory were just getting the new parts through and testing may hopefully begin soon?

So I decided to mod the existing car, with the flat chassis to a car with kick-up.

I have modded the original chassis, the V3 off-road chassis proved too much to modify. My chassis now has a 5 degree front kick-up. I have to modify the steering posts, and create spacers under the front and rear diff's along with the brace's which support the diff' assemblies.
I also made a new front "Bracing Plate" to accommodate the kick-up.

I have also decided to use the Serpent 0 degree caster blocks which fit well. I had to make new bushing's in order to use the Team C hubs and drive shafts.
This I wanted to do as the Team C hubs include a 5 degree KPI which will suit the car and my driving

Also modified is the gear train. Using the diff; gears included with the 43/13 gear kit, I am using a new 12 tooth pinion for the diff' drive. This gives me lots of good gearing option's for the various tracks!

Also, I will be using the Team C V3 "Battery Forward" configuration for the servo, battery and receiver positions. This creates a much better weight distribution.

All being well, when the weather braeks I should be able to test.

Power plant wise I will be using a REDS R5R and a Merc CLK body.

Initial calc' show a lower COG but I am concerned of the weight due to the mods. Will be close on the 3500g limit?!

We shall see.

Regards
BM