R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Mason
Tech Champion

I moved my receiver (airtronics rx-371, #92524) and speedo (tekin rs) inline, also shortened up the wires a bit as they were never "fitted" for this car when I originally did them. Rx is in front, esc is part way into the battery tray using stock battery brace. I also ran the sensor wire underneath the battery after relieving some of the underside of the back part of the tray to make sure the wire did not get pinched. I have enough room for 3 battery spacers to move battery around. currently 2 spacers in the back. Unfortunately I did not get to scale the car before or after (whoops). With all the cold fronts coming through the air has been really dry causing the track to dry out more than normal this weekend so the first half of the first round was a little slow. There is definitely a noticeable difference in weight bias. With this electronics layout/tires the car pushed more than normal but by the mains the track came around to the car so I was able to push harder comfortably but the car was still tight in the groove in some areas. The only changes I had time to make was to lower the roll center. (1mm spacer on stock inner mounts front and rear from 0 at last sunday's test n tune) I'm still not happy with the front end gripping inconsistently through out the event so it's probably time to play with it again. I'm pretty sure some of this is slacking on shock upkeep.

Hope you all had a great weekend.