R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OFNA X3 GT SERIES
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 06:54 AM
Grenade10
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCody
I have been chatting with Spooky1 about getting back into GT this season. Last time I ran this class was when there were only Infernos running around on GRP tires.

With the deal on Nitrohouse for the 80% car I just don't think I can pass that up.

I know I need engine,servos,pipe, tires, starting equipment, fuel and like, paint.. but what I really need to know is what I would want for setup?

Things like Dual disk brakes, different caster blocks, sway bars, is the stock body competitive, etc.?

I am a fairly capable racer and I run pretty clean, so breakage is rare for me. I do like having certain spare parts though.. Would extra hinge pins, rod ends, shock ends, gears, caster blocks, and knuckles suffice or is there some other weak part I should be aware of?

Thanks,
I've run the car since it came out. Tank, lower motor mounts, 43/13 gearing, 10 degree hubs (might try the serpent plastic for cost) and upgraded brake disc / pads are needed. Dual brakes help but not required. Body works very well and no real weak parts on the car. Gus can confirm that I hit stuff .... Sometimes hard. The OFNA, Optional flywheel will help with clearance if you do the dual brakes. CVD for the rear is not needed, sway bars are personal choice. The aluminum holders for hinge pins give you more options, but the stock settings are pretty good. Rear back bar from the off road car can't be used as the GT car does not have kick up in the back of the chassis.

Watch clearance on the rear drive shaft between 2 speed and rear diff. May need to grind some clearance on the engine mounting flange. You will want 3 or 4 small bearings in the clutch bell. PM me and I'll tell you how to build it.