R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbowen
Couple questions...

First of all now that you can't get the 4600 SMC packs what are the best stock battery's for the money? Orion 4500's? Right now I am running some 4100 Reedy's and I love them but I bought them used (were only a couple weeks old or so) and I've had them for prob 4 months and while they are prob the best battery's on the market they are just to damn expensive so I am thinking about picking up another fresh battery and use the Reedys as practice packs.

Second for those running the D4 SS (1S) what have you found gearing and timing wise to be its sweet spot. I am running 69/32 and 50*s of timing (while 58* was way faster it got to hot) but I have found this motor to be strange and takes a diff gearing and timing combination.

Thanks!
reedy are not great packs for stock. Chances are, you are just used to worse packs. Drop them on an IR checker and you will see. Keep in mine, Reedy is not into the "stock game". Locals have tested a lot of batteries. The orions were deemed to be turns. Started off great and quickly faded away. So far, the 6+ month old Trinity 100c packs are holding a low IR. But you will pay for that. The turnigy ultimate's are ok for the budget racer and so it the vant stuff from dirt cheap RC.