R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 04:32 PM
kevinpratt823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theclutch
Ok, just for you guys here are some pics. Again, this is for a 2014. Notice that visually, it looks symmetrical. The hanger is 55 mm tip to tip. I measured it from the screw hole to the square and then put the calipers down so that I can take a pic. The measurements show a 0.022 inches difference. Of course, this is technique sensitive. But the largest difference I get is around 0.030 inches and the smallest is around 0.015 inches. These are 0.381 mm to 0.762 mm.
From what I can see then it's off. We're talking approx .5mm difference on all ours, that's dead between the high/low end of your measurements. For reference, the .5 deg insert is offset by .375mm, a 1 deg insert moves the pin .725mm. You're giving a ballpark between those 2 numbers, so at best you are .5 deg off, on the other end of the spektrum you're a full degree off. From what I can see that the right arm has more angle in that pic too. If you stick something wedged, like a flathead screwdriver, between the arm and the gearbox, I bet you will see that it fits farther into the right side. By eye, in the pic anyway, it even looks like the right insert hole is farther out.
If you run a straight edge across the back, and measure from that to the point right between the 2 outer hinge pin holes, I bet you'll see a 1mm difference.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	compressed.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1266302