R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - USGT
Thread: USGT
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 02:11 PM
simple
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gravity Dodger
I'm new to r/c car racing and our local track has a decent sized USGT class that I'd like to participate in so my question is if the 3racing Sakura Zero would be a decent chassis to start with?

I'm trying to stay on a budget and am more concerned about improving my driving skills than reaching the podium. A friend recommended possibly starting with a TC4.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Any chassis can work well when setup properly for USGT. My advice is to visit your local track and see what chassis are supported there. Spare parts availability and others guys with the same car always play a huge factor in your enjoyment. If you buy a car just because it's cheap, and there is no local parts support, you could be caught going home early some race nights. But if the local track and racers have a common chassis, there will always be setup help and spare parts galore. If you have to pay a little bit more than you wanted at first, it may be better in the long run.

My local track supported VBC racing, so I went with a Ghost. The budget version of their high end car.

Last edited by simple; 01-26-2015 at 02:27 PM.