R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor Thread
Old 01-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Wildcat1971
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

well.......my 3 gear is not as free as my 4 gear was. I did back off my tranny screws a 1/4 turn to help, but still not great. I am hoping it will break in. And yes, I use the Avid Aura Ceramic bearing in my tranny. Ceramics to make it much smoother. But the cut gears help, the 3 gear will probably help and so on. It all adds up. The single best item for 17.5 is probably the pucks. Then that light weight topshaft and Avid Evo slipper. After that is the ceramics and cut gears. IMO, that is the order of "greatness" of the upgrades. you can use the Avid $1 bearing, blow out the grease and lube them with Slip, and they are very free. The ceramics just stay free longer. I like the Aurora Bearings because they dont have shields for the most part, and are really easy to clean and lube.

Also, did you say you are running a slipper eliminator on medium bite? I am not sure I would do that. Many guys run them locally on high bite, but I have heard mixed reviews on medium bite. Hard to get on the throttle out of the corners. I dont use one, because I dont feel the need.