R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 10:29 AM
IndyRC_Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
I've finished 2nd in the A the last two weeks in Indy with a Spec-R S1. For $119 ($200 as I run it), the car is better than the driver.

I used to run a TC4 as well. One night I brought my freshly built per the manual S1 out, I went .5 seconds faster than my TC4 in first 10 laps.

There's people out there that love the TC4. Indy_RC_Racer for one. He's faster than me with his TC4 most nights. But I'd bet a million dollars that if he switched to a Spec-R S2, he'd be .5 seconds too. But what would he do with his steamer trunk full of TC4 parts...?
The only thing I miss not having in my VTA tub chassis TC4 is a gear diff option. I have worked on my setup to work well with font/rear ball diffs, and now my car is always competitive. Took TQ and the A-main win on Friday (of course beating .crispy).

There are enough adjustments in most touring cars to be competitive in VTA. While not every driver or car setup is capable of winning an A-main, everyone should be able to have fun regardless of their budget or car.