R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 02:13 PM
kevinpratt823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
You can set that for no air and then after you run you will see they have bubbles back in them. The emulsions really weren't designed for rebound purposes so I would not beat your head on trying to get them to match. The trick with emulsion is using the same amounts of oil which leaves the same air pocket.
I know, and it's not something I obsess about, just something I do to get them back to square one. When you run them, some air gets in(a lot with these shocks), but then the shock becomes pressurized at full compression, and it starts to force some oil out, you run it again and more air gets in, pressure builds and more oil gets out, but it never happens evenly. If you bleed the air out after every run it doesn't happen nearly as fast but it still does.
To each his own I guess, but I like to keep my shocks relatively even and consistent, and I prefer the more predictable feel of little to no air. I just wanted to share what I do that makes things easier for me, because I know there are a lot of people that choose to run them like this.