R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 08:18 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I just picked up my first 1/12 pan car last night...an old CRC Gen X (but it looks like it might be a mix of Gen X and Gen XL parts by looking at press photos of the two). It has the micro left pod plate like the XL, but vertical plastic servo mounts like the X.

I bought the car since it was available from a local club member, and it was cheap and came with spares.

It also came with CRC magenta front tires and Yellow rears (3 pairs of each). Are these a good starting point for tire compounds for medium traction carpet and 13.5 blinky?

I don't plan on being competitive with the car, I'm just wanting a 3rd class to run a bigger events when there is a lot of time between TC Stock and VTA classes. I was told that running a pan car would make me a better touring car driver.

My driving skills are somewhat lacking since I've only been in the hobby for less than a year. I usually finish right around mid-pack at every event I'm at. With that said, what would be a good forgiving body that doesn't push like a dump truck?

Any and all help/info is appreciated!