R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - serious info needed, shock help
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 06:51 AM
Troubles Dad
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)
Default serious info needed, shock help

I have a diggity design XLR8 its the 4-2 chassis design, and I am in need of some shock setup info, this car is currently being run in the VTA class and I have a lipo instead of the nimh packs, the car is about 5 grams over the legal weight, as I had asked about the droop and was linked over to a video on 2mm over ride height, which by the way was very good, just now when we ran the car on the track, it seemed after the day of racing their was alot of sticky residue from the track on the bottom of the chassis, so that leads me to believe the car is bottoming out thru the corners, I have no idea on what is in the shocks, nor the springs, so what I really need is a good starting point, this car uses alot of the tc3 and tc4 parts, as I have been reading pages and pages thru the tc4 thread and vta thread looking for a setup and have yet to find any, also I know that springs come in colors so if you tell me to run the blue spring, is this the new blue, the old blue, the blue they called blue or that one color, so if you can give me a idea on what to do with this, I would be so greatly appreciative,

please note that I have not opened up the shocks and have NO idea on what rate the current springs are, other than they are silver in color, I went thru and made sure the car was setup with all the shocks being the same from side to side, weight was pretty close to 50/50 and really close on the scales for each corner, ride height was set at 5mm, as the car did not traction roll and at times seemed a little bit loose thru the middle of the corner, but entry was good, this was on medium to high bite carpet with traction compound, 3/4 of the front tire and all of the rear tire was sauced, sorry for the long first post, just trying to give enough info to get some good ideas on what to try next
Thanks